CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

School Supplies

Today, the girls and I went to Wal Mart to buy the supplies required for Emma to start kindergarten, according to the school's website. I spent 85 AMERICAN DOLLARS on pencils, markers, paper, folders, pens, notebooks, and glue sticks. (EIGHT GLUE STICKS, to be exact.) By the way, the blob in the lower right hand corner is one of my kidneys, which is also required.

The last item we needed to get was a towel for rest time, but Wal Mart didn't have anything that Emma loved. We came home and I pulled up several different designs online for her to choose from. She looked at all of them and said "I like those, but I was hoping for an Alabama towel." So we, the PROUDEST PARENTS IN ALL THE LAND, will be ordering this towel for her to take to Kemp Elementary this fall. Awwwwwww yeah.

1 comments:

3girlsmom said...

You seriously crack me up. You go, like a week with no posts. Then BAM! 4 at once. You're an all or nothing kinda gal, aren't you?
About school supplies - Mary Emma's school (Liberty Park Elem) requires that the parents pay a "supply fee" at the beginning of each year. This fee pays for all school supplies, all field trips, a tshirt, a sweatshirt, all party fees (Christmas party, etc.), a yearbook, and a gift for the teacher for Christmas, Teacher Appreciation Day, and her birthday. It costs about $250 and is DANG worth it. Once school starts, they don't ask us for a dime. Now, granted, it's Vestavia and everyone will pay their fees. I know that wouldn't work at all schools. But here, it's awesome and a HUGE weight off our shoulders. Plus, we don't have to fight the back to school crowd at WalMart, which makes it even more priceless.