The time has finally come for Emma to go back to preschool and for Mary to start Mother's Morning Out. It has been such a fun summer but Emma is so excited about going back to school. She couldn't wait to get to McEachern this morning to meet her new teacher, Mrs. Johnson. She knew exactly what she wanted to wear and counted the days until Meet-The-Teacher Day.
...Emma before we left this morning. Clearly she practices posing on a regular basis because she always has a new one when I get out the camera!
...Emma at the door to Mrs. Johnson's classroom.
...Emma and her new teacher, Mrs. Johnson.
Mary wasn't quite as enthusiastic about this major milestone in her life. She started crying the minute we stepped in the door at McEachern, and got even worse when we stopped to talk to Mrs. MacMillan, Emma's teacher from last year. When we got to Emma's class, Mary calmed down a little bit and even played with a few of the kids in Emma's class. But she lost it again as soon as we left Emma's classroom to head over and meet her teachers. When we got to the classroom, she was very nervous that I was going to leave her, and at first she didn't want me to put her down. Then she noticed all of the neat toys in the room and some of the other kids playing and decided she might need to explore a little bit. She played very happily for about 20 minutes and actually cried when I picked her up to leave. To make matters worse, I then handed her to her new teacher for a picture, at which point Mary made it perfectly clear she was in no mood to "Meet-The-Teacher".
...She could hardly contain her excitement about her Mama leaving her with those horrible strangers who are going to love and care for her and try to get her to have fun.
...However, her mood improved when she saw all of the neat toys in her classroom.
...She was having so much fun she didn't want to leave!
...She didn't want the teacher touching her either.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Meet-The-Teacher Day
Posted by The Latham Family at 12:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ginger these are so precious! I hope you keep these for your girls to see when they are older. I had to laugh at Emma's response to her teacher. I saw Hannah do that the first time I left her in Mother's Day Out.
Post a Comment