CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 28, 2006

Emma's First Day of Preschool

Today was Emma's first day of preschool at McEachern UMC. I was a basket case, but she was so excited and couldn't wait to get out of the van at carpool. While we were waiting for one of the teachers to come get her, she asked me if Mary was going to cry when she went to school. I told her I felt sure Mary would cry because she would miss her big sister so much, so Emma leaned over to Mary and said "I have to go to school now because I am a big girl. You can go when you are bigger, but you can't go right now because you are little. Don't cry when I get out of the car because you and Mama are going to come back and pick me up in a little while." I didn't tell her that it was Mama who might cry when she got out of the car! Here is a picture of her before we left for school. Most of you know what a late sleeper she is, and if you look closely, you can see how puffy her little eyes are - she's used to sleeping until 9 or 10, so 7:30 is early for her!

1 comments:

AuntRunner said...

Oh, Ginger! Emma is so grown-up. I would cry too. It doesn't seem possible, does it?

Mary Wade -well what can I say but she is such a cutie. I love that red hair and all her smiles. Yes, it does look like she has NOT missed many meals! She is such a cutie.